Friday, October 15, 2010

Cranberry Ginger French Toast with Honey Marscapone

 It's a bit chilly out today so I wanted something hearty and maybe just a bit sweet. I start with a loaf of cranberry ginger bread (I get mine at Whole Foods) and then I mix equal parts egg and milk. It's better the more fat in the milk, actually half and half or even heavy cream work best, but I've used 2% and it turns out pretty damn good. I sprinkle in some cinamon and a little agave nectar for good measure.

Then I fry it up (in Kerrygold salted butter. I'm sure it's no better than any other salted butter but it has nostalgic appeal for me.)


 Then I bake it off in the oven at 375 for about 10 minutes depending on how thick the bread slices are.

I'm not always in the mood for syrup, so a slightly sweetened marscapone is an awesome alternative. It's halfway between the sweetness of the syrup and the richness of butter. I just mixed about a tablespoon of honey into a quarter cup of marscapone.

I cannnot wait for christmas time. Panettone french toast is possibly my favorite breakfast item ever in the history of breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh yummy. Christmas foodstuffs are already out in shops here, btw. You could have some November panettone if you want!

    ReplyDelete