Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let the celebration commence!

I took a trip to my local Whole Foods. I had a bad experience with one on the way to the train station (ie- crap cupcakes and tiny aisles), but I was trying not to hold that against them. I have to admit, I'm smitten with them. Mostly because their produce section contained blood oranges, I have a weakness for them. I also picked up some beautiful strawberries. The hippy in me loves the idea that they're selling local products and the food is all natural. The broke barista in me wishes they didn't charge at least $.30 cents more for every product. A shopping cart for of $.30 adds up quickly. Plus some people who shall remain nameless aren't too keen on switching up their diets to include something as outrageous as natural peanut butter.

On to happier musings. I have a lot of leftovers from the candy making debacle of christmas '08 that I'd rather not keep around clogging up my smallish kitchen. Due to my inability to do math I had two containers of dipping chocolate leftover. So what better way to use it than to dip previously mentioned gorgeous strawberries in the chocolate? This is one of my favorite flavor combos. Mostly cause the fruit let's me pretend it's kind healthy.



1 comment:

  1. Grrr. All natural peanut butter is gross. I like my peanut butter full of sugar and preservatives that keep it from un-mixing. Plus, I have enough trouble with spilling it all over myself as is, I don't need peanut butter that starts out liquid!

    ReplyDelete