Sunday, November 1, 2009

Okey Dokey

So I haven't posted in more than a month. And the sad part is, that's mostly due to the fact I didn't have anytime to actually bake/cook for most of October. But I'm back with full force. Let's begin with something simple.

Nigella Lawson's Breakfast Bars (aka the easiest recipe known to man)

14 oz can of condensed milk
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup mixed seeds (I used sunflower, flax, and pumpkin)
1 cup unsalted peanuts

Preheat oven to 250F.
On the store warm condensed milk.
Mix all of the other ingredients in a bowl, then pour the condensed milk over it.
Spread on a 9x13 inch baking sheet.
Bake for an hour.

So I'm a bit scatter brained and was still a bit high from my ridiculous purchases at Whole Foods (which we'll be discussing later, don't you worry. Three words: Blood Orange Vinegar) so I completely forgot to add the peanuts even though they were right in front of me. So my bars were a little bit sweeter and stickier than Nigella's, but they were still super delicious. Maybe a bit much for breakfast, but with the added substance they'd be perfect. And they're perfect for playing with different seeds and dried fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment