Friday, January 8, 2010

My New Obsession:Baked

Shannon's sister gave me Baked: New Frontiers in Baking for christmas. So far I've done two recipes out of it and they have both been a-mah-zing. Some of the recipes are a bit involved but all the steps are simple and easy to follow. 

The first recipe I tried was the Flourless Chocolate Cake (pg 50)


It was delicious (though the ganache was super thick, I might half or three-quarter the recipe next time).

The second recipe I tried was the Sour Lemon Scones (pg 27).
We were too busy eating them to take pictures. I love, love, LOVE the texture of these scones. I didn't have enough lemons to make the candied lemon peel but I definitely want to try that next time. I also had to use lowfat buttermilk because it was all the store had. I also love that its a good basic scone recipe that could hold up to whatever I wanted to add.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I loved that the scones were pretty light, because they can sometimes be too dense for me.

    ReplyDelete