Friday, December 25, 2009

Panetone French Toast




I adapted an Alton Brown recipe, instead of french bread I used a medium sized panetone.

1cup heavy cream (I used light cream because that's what we had)
3 eggs
2 tbsp honey (warmed in the microwave for 20 secs)
A pinch of salt
4 tbsp of butter

Preheat oven to 375F
Mix cream, honey, eggs, and salt together. Pour into a pie dish. Soak slices of panetone on each side for 20-30secs.

Melt butter in the frying pan. Fry each side for about 2 minutes or until brown. Then place on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 5-10 min depending on the thickness of bread.

The panetone is incredibly filling so this is great for feeding a lot of people. Neither myself nor Shannon could make it through more than one piece.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment