The matroyshkas beckon you in
This is an adaption of the adaptation Lovin' From the Oven did.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and almonds. I used about 1/2 tablespoon size drops.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
These are yummy and fudgy. I would definitely recommend keeping the cookies small. There's a LOT going on here so they can be a bit overwhelming (I tried both large and small sized and definitely preferred the bite size version). Now I've just got to test them out on my audience aka Shannon.