Thursday, June 3, 2010

I More Than Like You Brownies

Ever since I started working at Whole Foods I compulsively buy the Callebaut or Varlhona chocolate anytime there's a price reduction. Which means that I have several blocks of chocolate hanging out in my pantry at the moment.

Which leads us to another recent purchase. Shannon and I recently made a trip to Trident Booksellers and Cafe where I picked up (finally) I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris.

Chocolate+Amy=Aunt Joyce's Brownies

This is the firs recipe I've tried from I Like You. I'm loving how very simple, almost nonexistent, the instructions are in this book. Generally that would bug the crap out of me. But her vibe of just scribbling this down for a friend is charming.

Aunt Joyce's Brownies
4 eggs beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1 12 oz package of chocolate chips (I used half milk chocolate callebaut, half dark chocolate)
2/3 cup unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract

Melt together chips and butter. Beat eggs and add in everything else.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. I had the issue that a lot of fudgy type brownies had where I could never really get a toothpick to come out clean. The edges were getting brown so I just decided to take them out. I mean, I'd have eaten just the dough.

1 comment: