Monday, April 30, 2012

A Dreamy Treat

I've heard variations on these bars called about a million things, but in my mind they will always be called Dream Bars. This is my Grandma Frances's recipe and it might be the most perfect desert ever created.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Butterscotch oh my!

My Grandma's Recipe Card


Grandma's Dream Bars
For the crust:
20 Graham crackers
1/4 lb butter
3/4 cup sugar

Melt butter. Pulse crackers in a food processor. Mix sugar, butter, and graham crackers and layer in the bottom of 9x13 cake pan. Bake @ 350 for 7-8 min.

2nd layer:
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
1 cup flake coconut

Mix together in a bowl and spread over the graham cracker crustt

Top layer:

1 package milk chocolate chips
1 package butterscotch chips
3/4 cup peanut butter

In a double boiler melt chocolate and butterscotch chips. Add in peanut butter. Once smooth pour on top of the coconut layer. Let cool.


Granted, I am totally sentimental about these. But they are ridiculously delicious. I mean, they have butterscotch which is the worlds most underutilized flavor (don't worry, I'm making it my personal mission to bring it back). It's probably pretty telling about me that I keep all of the ingredients to these bars in my pantry at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment