Friday, February 3, 2012

Healthy Breakfast


Orange Pineapple Ginger Juice
2 Pineapples
2 Navel Oranges
1 knob of Ginger

I criminally neglect my juicer. But I'm trying to make an effort to experiment. I think I just get nervous to mix things in case it turns out horribly and then I've wasted money and have to clean fruit pulp out of everything. Fortunately I have to walk through the produce department everyday to get to Specialty so I can keep an eye on sales. This concoction was the result of both a pineapple and orange sale. And I love ginger in any for. The more the merrier. Next time I might add a few more oranges for balance, but I love how the ginger still shines through. It gives this really lovely cleansing feeling to help wake you up (especially if you have sinus issues like myself)


These kept popping up on my Pinterest. You'll notice at the source hers look much nice than mine. I tweaked the recipe just a tiny bit which made them drier, but still yummy.

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup fresh ground almond butter
1/2 course ground flaxseed
1/4 cup dark chocolate flakes (use a sharp knife on the edge of a block of chocolate)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey

Now I missed the direction to refrigerate for a half hour before trying to roll them. So that might also lend to them not mixing together as well. But they are super yummy and perfect for my opening shifts when it's too early to want to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment