Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Treat


I saw this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. The original recipe calls for strawberry frosting, which I thought sounded delicious. Sadly strawberry frosting is harder to acquire then I originally thought. So I opted for vanilla "fudge".

The recipe calls for only 2 things; 12oz white chocolate chips, 12 oz frosting. Super easy.


Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and mix in the frosting. Pour in to a cake pan.

 Now for the life of me I couldnt get mine smooth. Maybe I overheated the chocolate. But I think the sprinkles covered that nicely.

I realized I had a bag of of reese's peanut butte chips and an extra can of frosting. I figured I'd see what happens. They turned out sooo yummy. I think these are by far my favorite. Both flavors are super sweet so you can eat too much. But that's pretty par for the course for fudge. I was trying to save time so I used the store bought frosting. But I'd be interested to see what would happen with homemade. Then again, that would sort of ruin the whole 2 ingredient thing...


The biggest issue I had was what to do with all the leftover bits. Maybe next time I'll just cut squares.




No comments:

Post a Comment